Import Providers enable you to import files into Grooper from a variety of sources, such as file systems, mail servers, and other on-premise and cloud based document storage platforms.
Import Providers' can be used in two ways:
- To perform manual "ad-hoc" imports when creating a new Batch in Grooper Dashboard or Grooper Design Studio.
- To perform automatic, scheduled imports using one or more Import Watcher services.
|This section needs expanding. Some info is located at the CMIS Import article.|
The "Legacy Import" providers are the export providers used for document export operations prior to the switch to Grooper's CMIS+ infrastructure in version 2.72. These are depreciated Grooper components. Depreciated means they are still available for use, just not recommended. No further improvements or updates will be made to these provider types. The old components have been replaced by new CMIS Bindings with increased functionality and better performance. By and large, these legacy providers operate the same as they did in previous versions.
- There are five Legacy Import providers:
- Legacy CMIS Import - This is the depreciated version of "Import Query Results"
- File System Import- This provider imports content over a local network to the Windows file system.
- FTP Import - This provider imports content using the FTP and FTPS protocols.
- Mail Import - This provider imports content to mail servers using the IMAP protocol.
- SFTP Import - This provider imports content using the SFTP protocol.
However, going forward, input operations should be implemented using the new CMIS Bindings and CMIS Import. There are two main differences. Connection settings found in the legacy providers properties will be entered in the connection settings of whichever Connection Type is selected. What file path or server you're connecting to and any login credentials necessary will be entered there. Two, you will need to "import repositories" in order to export to them. Refer to the CMIS Connection article for information about setting up a CMIS Connection and importing repositories.
|This section needs expanding. It's about importing from Test Batch|