FTP Export is a Legacy Export provider allowing users to export to FTP directories during the Document Export activity.
This export provider uses the FTP protocol. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of files between a client and a server on a computer network.
||FTP Export is one of the depreciated Legacy Export providers as of version 2.72. Going forward, it is considered best practice to use a CMIS Export provider with the appropriate Connection Type. The CMIS Binding equivalent to FTP Export is the "FTP" Connection Type.
||There are a few options under the Export Settings property:
- File Export Settings This property allows you to control some of the format settings of the output files. For example, you can change the file type of the exported documents to PDF here.
- Server Connection Your FTP Server URL and associated properties are found here.
- Content Export Set your base export folder here.
- File and Directory Naming Here, you can set your file and folder naming according to a Content Type (such as a Content Model).
- Metadata Export You can export a metadata "buddy file" (including XML, CSV, and JSON files) using this property.