A CMIS Binding provides connectivity logic for external storage platforms, allowing CMIS Connection objects to import and export content.
Grooper's CMIS+ infrastructure expands connectivity from traditional CMIS servers to a variety of on-premise and cloud-based storage platforms by exposing connections to these platforms as CMIS Bindings. Each individual CMIS Binding contains the settings and logic required to exchange documents between Grooper and each distinct platform.
CMIS Bindings are used when creating a CMIS Connection object. The first step to creating a CMIS Connection is to configure the Connection Type property. First, the user selects which CMIS Binding they want to use, selecting which storage platform they want to connect to. The second step is to enter the connection settings for that binding, such as login information for many bindings.
Current CMIS Bindings
Below is a list of all current CMIS Bindings:
- The ApplicationXtender document management platform.
- The Box Content Management System.
- The FileBound document management platform.
- Content management systems using CMIS 1.0 or CMIS 1.1 servers.
- The following Microsoft content platforms
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) servers.
- The Box cloud document management system.
- IMAP mail servers
- The Microsoft Windows NTFS file system.