The Legacy Export providers are the export providers used for document export operations prior to the switch to Grooper's CMIS+ infrastructure in version 2.72. These are depreciated Grooper components. Depreciated means they are still available for use, just not recommended. No further improvements or updates will be made to these provider types. The old components have been replaced by new CMIS Bindings with increased functionality and better performance. By and large, these legacy providers operate the same as they did in previous versions.
- There are four Legacy Export providers:
- File System Export - This provider exports content over a local network to the Windows file system.
- FTP Export - This provider exports content using the FTP and FTPS protocols.
- Mail Export - This provider exports content to mail servers using the IMAP protocol.
- SFTP Export - This provider exports content using the SFTP protocol.
However, going forward, output operations should be implemented using the new CMIS Bindings and CMIS Export. There are two main differences. Connection settings found in "Export Settings" in the legacy providers will be entered in the connection settings of whichever Connection Type is selected. What file path or server you're connecting to and any login credentials necessary will be entered there. Two, you will need to "import repositories" in order to export to them. Refer to the CMIS Connection article for information about setting up a CMIS Connection and importing repositories.